Leeming Spartan Cricket Club (Inc.) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information.
Outlined below is our policy on how we will manage your personal information.
What is personal information?
Personal information is information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database) from which it is possible to determine your identity. Examples of personal information include your name, postal address, telephone number, and email address.
What is the purpose of this policy?
Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)
As a small business, we are exempted from the operation of the Privacy Act. However, protection of your personal information that we collect is very important to us. This policy sets out how we handle any personal information we collect or receive about you.
The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) can be viewed at:
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect personal information about you in a number of ways, including:
- Directly from you, for example, when you provide information to us by phone, email, in an application form or competition entry form, when you join the Leeming Spartan Cricket Club’s newsletter, submit information through our web sites (including Cricket Australia’s mycricket.cricket.com.au website) or through Team App;
- Through sponsors of the Leeming Spartan Cricket Club, and;
- From third parties, such as the State and Territory cricket associations, ticket agencies and Leeming Spartan Cricket Club commercial partners.
The personal information collected and held about you includes:
- your name, address, email address, age (date of birth), gender, occupation, contact information;
- information about your time at Leeming Spartan Cricket Club,
- information about dealings with Leeming Spartan Cricket Club subscriptions for Leeming Spartan Cricket Club services;
- details of cricket programs you have participated in and the organisations you have participated with;
- details of items ordered or purchased from us;
- background checks including police checks and working with children checked if you apply or employment, coaching, and volunteer positions
- other information provided voluntarily by you, for example in response to surveys or competitions.
Why do we collect your personal information?
We only collect personal information for purposes which are directly related to Leeming Spartan Cricket Club activities and only when it is necessary for or directly related to such purposes. These purposes include:
- To provide you with information you have enquired about
- To provide you with goods you have purchased from Leeming Spartan Cricket Club
- To provide you with services you have purchased from Leeming Spartan Cricket Club
- When you ask to be on an email or mailing list so that we can send you information about our activities and/or publications (Leeming Spartan Cricket Club newsletter)
- When you send us information about an event you are organising for us to publicise on our website
- For normal communication processes when we might email you, text you or phone you
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone numbers. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
How do we use your personal information?
- Verify your identity;
- Develop, run, administer and market competitions, programs, activities and other Events relating to cricket and other sports;
- Administer and manage our respective web sites and provide you with access to those web sites;
- Keep you informed of news and information (such as advance notice of ticket sales) relating to cricket and other sports, including by distributing newsletters, publications and other communication via various mediums;
- Research and develop new competitions, programs, activities and other events relating to cricket and other sports; and
- Research and develop new products, services and merchandise relating to cricket and other sports.
If you do not wish to receive our newsletters, publications and other communications, please contact us.
Health & Sensitive Information:
In some circumstances we may collect:
- Information about your health; or
- Other sensitive information about you (for example, information about your racial or ethnic origin).
We may use health information about you to ensure that cricket programs in which you participate are run safely and in accordance with any special health needs you may have and for insurance purposes.
In addition, we may use de-identified health information and other sensitive information to carry out research, to prepare submissions to government or a government body or to plan events and activities. De-identified information is information which has been aggregated or otherwise de-identified so that it cannot be used to identify you or any other individual.
What happens when I only browse the website?
When you only browse the website, we do not collect your personal information.
When you look at our website, our internet service provider makes a record of your visit and logs (in server logs) and the following information for statistical purposes:
- Your server address
- Your top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .org, .au, etc)
- The pages you accessed and documents downloaded
- The date and time of your visit to our site
- Whether you have visited our site before
- The previous site you visited, and
- The type of browser being used.
We do not identify you or your browsing activities except, in the event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the internet service provider’s server logs.
Do we collect cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of data sent from a website and stored in the user’s web browser while the user is browsing.
We may also collect Internet Protocol (IP) addresses relating to you when you access and use the web sites.
IP addresses are assigned to computers on the internet to uniquely identify them within the global network of computers which makes up the internet.
We may collect and manage IP addresses for internet session management and security purposes.
When do we disclose your personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Our sponsors;
- The South Metropolitan Cricket Association and its clubs;
- The various State and Territory cricket associations (namely the ‘WACA’);
- Organisations (other than the State and Territory cricket associations) involved in cricket and sporting programs and initiatives in Australia;
- Companies that we have engaged to carry out functions and activities on our behalf;
- Our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- Our insurers;
- The Australian Institute of Sport; and
- Otherwise as required or authorised by law
Accuracy Of Your Personal Information:
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
However, we rely on the accuracy of personal information as provided to us both directly and indirectly.
If you find that the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete, or out-of-date, please contact us immediately (our contact details are set out below) and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
How can you access the personal information we hold about you?
Subject to some exceptions provided by law, you have the right to access the personal information that the Leeming Spartan Cricket Club (Inc.) has on its records.
For security purposes, if you would like to access personal information that we hold about you, we require you to put your request in writing with your signature.
If we do not allow you access to any part of the personal information we hold about you, we will tell you why.
We will not charge you for lodging a request to access your personal information, but we may charge you for our reasonable costs in supplying you with access to this information.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
Starting May 25, 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) becomes enforceable, meaning you must be compliant with it if you have users who reside within the EU.
The GDPR effectively replaces the Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC, and includes new requirements that you must meet.
The purpose of the GDPR is much the same as previous regulations: to protect the privacy and personal information of residents of the EU.
The GDPR builds upon old laws to create a more clear and complete set of rules that you must follow when collecting and using personal data from residents of the EU. The goal is for the GDPR to cover the entire region to make compliance easier than dealing with separate laws in multiple different countries.
Third Party Disclosure:
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above.
For example, we use WooCommerce to power our online store – you can read more about how WooCommerce uses your Personal Information here: https://woocommerce.com/privacy-policy/.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site – you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you.
In addition our Club Sponsors are provided primary advertising space on our website that is viewable by all users of our website. This is designed to typically surpass ad-blockers, however no additional data or personal information is taken from you when you browse these images and company logos.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by visiting these links for common sites:
- FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- BING – https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
How To Contact Us:
Similarly, if you have a complaint, you can lodge one on our website on our complaints page.
Leeming Spartan Cricket Club (Inc.) takes all privacy complaints very seriously, and will investigate your complaint in a confidential manner and you will be informed of the outcome of the investigation within a reasonable period of time.
© Leeming Spartan Cricket Club (2021), All Rights Reserved
The Leeming Spartan Cricket Club (Inc.) logo is a copyright of the Leeming Spartan Cricket Club (Inc.) (ABN 24 114 629 534) and is not to be used without express written permission from the Leeming Spartan Cricket Club (Inc.).