The Leeming Spartan Cricket Club’s Smoke Free Policy is aimed to ensure the health and safety of all members within the Club, as well as ensuring the health and safety of the general public, particularly at the grounds we utilise for matches.
For more information about the Leeming Spartan Cricket Club’s policies, please click here.
A downloadable version of the policy is available here.
Who Is Affected By The Policy?
The Policy applies to all members, administrators, officials, coaches, players, visitors, and volunteers of the Leeming Spartan Cricket Club.
Smoke Free Policy Rationale:
Leeming Spartan Cricket Club (Inc.) recognises that:
- Environmental (second-hand) tobacco smoke is a health hazard and that non-smokers should be protected from it.
- Role modelling can have a significant impact upon the junior members of the club.
- Smoke free areas make smoking less visible and less socially acceptable.
- Smoke free areas support smokers who are trying to quit as well as reduce their overall cigarette consumption.
- Outdoor smoke free areas help to reduce the amount of cigarette butt litter (reducing clean-up costs, fire risk and children’s health risk due to swallowing discarded butts).
- Smoke free environments are advantageous in attracting new members as well as positively promoting the club in the community.
Accordingly, the following policy shall apply to all members, administrators, officials, coaches, players, spectators, visitors and other volunteers and/or or staff of the club
- Cigarettes and other tobacco products will not be sold, including from vending machines, at any time at or by the club.
- Coaches, players, officials and volunteers will refrain from smoking while involved in an official capacity for the club, on and off the field.
- No images of club volunteers, members, officials, coaches and players smoking at club-related activities are to be placed on social media.
Smoke Free Areas:
The Leeming Spartan Cricket Club (Inc.) requires the following areas of the club’s John Connell Reserve to be smoke free:
- All indoor areas
- All outdoor playing/training areas
- All spectator areas (standing and seated, covered and uncovered)
- All canteen, catering and eating and drinking areas
Smoke free areas will be signed (where possible) and promoted in club materials. A designated smoking permitted area is located within walking distance of the clubhouse, away from all entrances in a secluded area.
- Club functions, including social and fundraising events and meetings, held at club facilities are to be smoke free.
- Club functions, including social and fundraising events and meetings, held away from club facilities are to be smoke free wherever possible.
- If provided, smokers may only smoke at outdoor designated smoking areas and are to dispose of cigarette butts safely before entering facilities.
- Invitations and advertising for functions, meetings and events will be promoted as smoke free.
All Leeming Spartan Cricket Club committee members will enforce the smoke free policy and any non-compliance will be handled according to the following process:
- Explanation of the club policy and the WA tobacco laws to the person/people concerned, including identification of the areas in which smoking is permitted
- Continued non-compliance with the policy should be handled by at least two committee members who will use their discretion as to the action taken, which may include asking the person/ people to leave the club facilities or function.
The club will promote the smoke free policy regularly by:
- Putting a copy of the policy in club newsletters and printed member/player information and on the website.
- Promoting positive smoke free messages through the club’s social media.
- Displaying a copy of the policy in the club social rooms.
- Periodic announcements to members at functions.
- Placing non-smoking signage in prominent locations both indoors and outdoors.
The Leeming Spartan Cricket Club (Inc.) recognises the importance of educating club members, particularly players, of the benefits of implementing a smoke free policy and will endeavour to provide information to assist this process.
Changes To This Smoke Free Policy:
From time to time, we may need to change this Health Policy to reflect our changing business practices.
We will notify you of any amendments by posting an updated version of this Health Policy on our website (www.spartans.com.au).
Contacting The Leeming Spartan Cricket Club:
You may also get in touch with our Privacy Officer, Daniel Coombs, for any questions regarding this information by contacting him at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via the Club’s primary contact phone on 0478 982 043.
Authorised By The Leeming Spartan Cricket Club Committee on behalf of the Leeming Spartan Cricket Club (Inc.) (ABN 24 114 629 534).
© Leeming Spartan Cricket Club (2018), All Rights Reserved
The Leeming Spartan Cricket Club (Inc.) logo is a copyright of the Leeming Spartan Cricket Club (Inc.) (ABN 24 114 629 534) and is not to be used without express written permission from the Leeming Spartan Cricket Club (Inc.).
Under the Liquor Control Act 1988, it is an offence:
• to sell or supply liquor to a person under the age of 18 years on licensed or regulated premises; or
• for a person under the age of 18 years to purchase, or attempt to purchase, liquor on licensed or regulated premises.
Licence Number: 6040097022, Licence Class: Club License, Licensee: Leeming Sports Association – John Connell Reserve