The Leeming Spartan Cricket Club’s Health Policy is aimed to ensure the health and safety of all members within the Club, as well as ensuring the health and safety of the general public, particularly at the grounds we utilise for matches.
For more information about the Leeming Spartan Cricket Club’s policies, please click here.
Who is affected by the Policy?
The Policy applies to all members, administrators, officials, coaches, players, visitors, and volunteers of the Leeming Spartan Cricket Club.
What is the timing of the Policy?
This policy is effective from 1 October 2008.
Use Of Alcohol:
The Club will promote the responsible adult use of alcohol by:
- Discouraging excessive or rapid consumption of alcohol (for example, ‘happy hours’ and drinking competitions);
- Ensuring alcohol is not served to any person who is intoxicated;
- Ensuring alcohol is not served to any person who is under the age of 18 years;
- Promoting lower pricing on low and non-alcoholic drinks and providing free unbottled water; and
- Providing responsible service of alcohol training for persons who serve alcoholic drinks at the Club bar
Use Of Pain-Killing Drugs:
The Club discourages the use of pain-killing medications in respect of injury/recovery that would enable a participant to compete where they would not otherwise have been able.
Use Of Performance Enhancing Drugs:
The Club prohibits the use of illicit drugs and performance enhancing drugs.
The Club will adopt and be guided by the Sports Medicine Australia policy on the administration of medications by non-medical personnel.
Use Of Illicit Drugs:
In the event that Club personnel have reason to believe that a member may be using or under the influence of illicit drugs, the Club will contact a relevant agency for professional advice on how to manage the situation (such as the Alcohol and Drug Information Service).
Additionally, any involvement of the person at the Club during investigation will be immediately suspended.
In recognition of the fact that smoking and passive smoking are health hazards, the Club will:
- Ensure all under-cover areas of the Club’s premises, including the clubhouse, change rooms, offices, and bar area, are smoke-free;
- Not sell tobacco products on the Club’s premises; and
- Prominently display no-smoking signage
The Leeming Spartan Cricket Club also has an Anti-Smoking Policy, introduced in 2017. Please click here to read the full policy.
The Club will take all reasonable steps to address sun safe practices by:
- Ensuring adequate shade is provided where possible;
- Following The Cancer Council of Western Australia guidelines for SunSmart clothing and hats; and
- Providing sunscreen to members.
The Club will encourage the adoption of practices that seek to prevent injury by:
- Encouraging warm-up, stretching and cool-down as an important component of playing and training;
- Promoting the use of protective equipment including body padding, mouth guards, suitable clothing and footwear;
- Providing safe playing surfaces and first aid equipment at all training sessions and competition matches;
- Ensuring adequate public liability and player insurance for all members; and
- Encouraging all players with a prior or current injury to seek professional advice from a sports medicine professional and to undergo full rehabilitation before returning to play
The Club will recognise the importance of good nutrition for sports performance by:
- Ensuring when food is provided, healthy alternatives in accordance with the Dietary Guidelines for Australian Adults are available;
- Promoting good nutrition and healthy eating messages
The following four-step non-compliance strategy will be followed in the event of any material breach of the Policy:
- Assume that the person concerned is unaware of this Health Policy;
- A Committee representative will approach the person in breach with a request that he or she refrain from his or her behaviour and inform him or her of the terms of the Policy;
- In the event that the breach continues, a senior Committee representative will verbally warn the person concerned that, should he or she continue to breach the terms of the Policy, he or she will be required to leave the Club’s premises. The senior Committee representative will provide a copy of the Policy to the person concerned; and
- In the event that the breach continues after a warning by a senior Committee representative, the person concerned will be escorted from the Club’s premises by a senior Committee representative
This Policy will be reviewed on a seasonal basis thereafter to ensure that it remains current and practical.
Adult players, coaches and members of the Club are expected to set appropriate examples and act as role models for Club juniors.
Continued breaches of the Policy will be addressed through the Committee.
Anyone wishing to discuss this Policy is invited to contact a Committee member or email email@example.com
Changes To This Health Policy:
From time to time, we may need to change this Health Policy to reflect our changing business practices.
We will notify you of any amendments by posting an updated version of this Health Policy on our web site (www.spartans.com.au).
Contacting The Leeming Spartan Cricket Club:
You may also get in touch with our Privacy Officer, Daniel Coombs, for any questions regarding this information by contacting him at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via the Club’s primary contact phone on 0478 982 043.
Authorised By The Leeming Spartan Cricket Club Committee on behalf of the Leeming Spartan Cricket Club (Inc.) (ABN 24 114 629 534).
© Leeming Spartan Cricket Club (2021), All Rights Reserved
The Leeming Spartan Cricket Club (Inc.) logo is a copyright of the Leeming Spartan Cricket Club (Inc.) (ABN 24 114 629 534) and is not to be used without express written permission from the Leeming Spartan Cricket Club (Inc.).