In light of the current and ongoing Covid-19 pandemic the club wishes to make all members and guests aware of the restrictions that the State Government has put in place, as the below relates directly to the Leeming Spartan Cricket Club and our John Connell Clubrooms. Please see below;
As per the WA.gov.au website,
From Monday 31 January, proof of vaccination for people aged 16 years and over will be required state-wide for:
- Visitors to public and private hospitals, and residential aged care facilities;
- All hospitality and food and licensed venues:
o including restaurants, dine-in fast food, cafes, bars, pubs, clubs, taverns;
o excluding food and non-alcoholic beverage takeaway, roadhouses, and service stations
- Bottle shops;
- Indoor entertainment venues, including play centres, gaming and gambling, theatres, concert halls, museums, cinemas and live music venues, including the Perth Convention Centre;
- The Crown Perth complex;
- Major stadiums;
- Gyms, fitness studios and centres;
- Amusement Parks and the Zoo; and
- Music festivals and large events with more than 500 people, unless exempt.
Community sport and school-based events, unless at one of the specific venues listed, are excluded from the proof of vaccination requirement.
So to make it clear our John Connell Reserve Clubrooms are classed as a bar/club under the above classification, so if anyone wishes to enter the building, they must be double vaccinated, wear a mask and sign in via the Safe WA App, Service WA App or manually sign in on the register provided. The club must keep a record of all attendees every night in the event of a Covid-19 positive case being found. It isn’t mandated for all players to be vaccinated to continue to play, but it is strongly recommended for the greater good.
Please also keep an eye on the exposure sites for Covid-19 on the healthywa.gov.au website and follow the goverment instructions on when to get tested and/or isolate.
We also stress that if you have any symptoms of Covid-19, that you go and get tested and keep away from the club and your mates, as we don’t wish to see it passed through the whole club!
So let’s stick together and do the right thing for everyone’s sake!