Congratulations to the Spartans listed below, who have recently achieved incredible milestones and performances for the Club!
Milestones & Performances kindly brought to you by The Blooming Best.
“We listen to achieve your ideal garden.”
- Club Captain Matthew Milton has recently passed 1000 runs – all for the Leeming Spartan Cricket Club.
- Vice President Paul Kalleske has achieved over 3000 runs for the Spartans.
- Congratulations to Sean McGowan who recently took his 100th wicket for the Club.
- Sre Natarajan last week took his 100th wicket for the Club, and recently scored his 1000th run, completing a fantastic double in the process.
- Dale Putland scored his 4000th run for the Leeming Spartan Cricket Club on the weekend, a season highlighted by a magnificent century in the second round of the season!
- Commiserations to the body of Kevin Poller, who recently played his 250th game for the Spartan army.
Congratulations to all these outstanding Spartans who have reached these fantastic milestones. We look forward to seeing many more records achieved throughout the season!
Outstanding Performances – November 5th and November 12th:
- Congratulations to Ben Rushton, who took a 7 wicket haul for the Club against Phoenix in the 7th Grade.
- Ben finished with innings figures of 7/138 from a massive 31.3 overs, bowling all day
- This is Ben’s second haul of 7 wickets or more in an innings for the Spartans, having previously taken 9/56 in the 6th Grade in season 2012/13
- Kenny Boyes took a fantastic 4/68 in the One Day ‘C’ grade last weekend, as Phoenix wracked up 6/287 – well done mate!
- Congratulations to Liam O’Neill, who took 5/21 on debut in First Grade to lead the way in routing Phoenix for 104!
- Sre Natarajan also took 5/72 in 6th Grade
- Scores of 50 or more were posted by Paul Kalleske (63 in a small but tricky pursuit of 105), Russell Lee (57 in 3rd Grade), and Glenn Hack (54 in 6th Grade)
- Chairman of Selectors Anthony McGhie will tomorrow play his 200th game for the Club
- Russell Lee is approaching his 3000th run for the Club, currently sitting on 2947
- Ben Rushton sits on 1966 runs for the Spartans, and is expected to reach his 2000th just after Christmas
- Josh Foster currently sits on 199 wickets for the Club.